Food History of Cherry Cheese Cake
- Many assume that Cheesecake has its origins in New York, but it actually dates back over 4,000 years to ancient Greece.
- Cheesecake is a dessert similar to cake but make with cheese and typically has a topping.
- In 1870 cream cheese was an American addition to the cake and since has become a staple ingredient.
- By the 1900’s New Yorkers fell in love with the dessert and virtually every restaurant had its own version.
- New Yorkers have vied and continue to claim bragging rights for the original recipe of cheesecake.
Food Facts of Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Bread is a type of bread that is made with cooked zucchini.
- Zucchini Bread is not listed in the American Cookery (1796 the first American cookbook) even though it dates back to the 18th Century.
- Zucchini Bread is also a quick bread (chemically leavened).
- Zucchini has more potassium than a banana.
- Zucchini is a fruit but is treated as a vegetable.