National Chocolate Soufflé Day
Facts on Soufflé
- Some soufflés are savory and some sweet; the chocolate soufflé falls in the sweet category.
- The base of a sweet chocolate soufflé is a cooked combination of milk and egg yolks thicken with flour or cornstarch, lets call it pastry cream.
- To make a chocolate soufflés the pastry cream would have melted chocolate.
- The make a successful soufflé your oven must be heated properly and placed in the lower third rack of the oven.
- Do not be afraid to open the oven door to check the soufflés, they will not collapse until the steam inside begins to cool.