National Shrimp Day
Food Facts on Shrimp
- Shrimp are swimming crustaceans with long narrow muscular abdomens and long antennae.
- Shrimp can be prepared using many different cooking methods boiling, grilling, steaming, deep-frying, and stir fry.
- Shrimp can be eaten as an appetizer or main course and can be served warm or cold.
- The shrimp industry brings in over 50 billion dollars annually (2010).
- Romans and Greeks had ready access to very large specimens and enjoyed their shrimp prepared many ways. It has been documented that Shrimp was around as in prehistoric times.