National Strawberries and Cream Day
Food Facts on Strawberries
- The strawberry has about 200 seeds in every berry and they are the only fruit with the seeds outside.
- Strawberries are full of a special substance that can help fight cancers. They are also full of flavonoids, which form part of the strawberry’s red color.
- Ninety-four percent of US households consume strawberries.
- Eight strawberries have more vitamin C than an orange, that’s 140% of our daily recommended amount.
- Strawberries are rich in nitrate and can increase the flow of blood & oxygen to the muscles by 7%, preventing muscle fatigue and making exercise easier.