National Spanish Paella Day
Facts on Paella
- Paella is currently an internationally known rice dish from Spain. The story was that it was made with the left overs from Royal banquets.
- Paella may have a variety of proteins like chicken, pork, shellfish, fish, eel, squid, and sausage.
- Paella has a variety of vegetables like beans, peas, artichokes, and peppers.
- Saffron is the spice used that turns the rice a wonderful golden color and is an essential part of the dish.
- A traditional paella pan is a necessity as it flat round surface distributes heat evenly. It is best prepared over an open fire, charcoal BBQ or gas paella burner.