National Spaghetti Day
Facts on Spaghetti
- There are at least 1.3 million pounds of spaghetti were sold in American grocery stores annually.
- A boiled noodle was first referenced in the Jerusalem Talmud. That suggests that the Arabs first invented the dish.
- Dried noodles purchased from a vendor, goes back to the 5th century.
- Pasta or dried noodles are associated with the Italians. They have revolutionized the dish and invented a wide variety of pasta shapes.
- Spaghetti is traditionally served with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, however, meat, garlic, oil, and pepper for extra flavor.