National Sourdough Bread Day
Facts on Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough bread is a leavened and uses forms of cultivated yeast in the preparation.
- Sourdough produces a distinctively tangy or sour taste, mainly because of the lactic acid produced by the culture.
- Sourdough is the oldest and most original form of leavened bread. The oldest recorded use of sourdough is from the Ancient Egyptian civilizations.
- Studies have shown that eating sourdough for breakfast will also help you process your lunch in a more beneficial way.
- Sourdough was the main bread made in Northern California during the California Gold Rush, and it remains a part of the culture today.