National Ravioli Day
Facts on Ravioli
- Ravioli are filled pastas that are sealed between two layers of thin dried dough.
- Traditional Italian ravioli filings include ricotta mixed with grated cheese. It can also include vegetables like spinach and artichokes.
- Ravioli can be filled with beef, seafood, and other proteins and can be topped with a variety of sauces.
- The word ravioli is from an old Italian word and means “to wrap.”
- Ravioli dates back to 14th century. The first recipe was said t be by an Italian merchant Francesco di Marco Datini.