National Potato Lovers Day
Facts on Potatoes
- Potatoes are among the highest potassium content of commonly consumed fruits and vegetables.
- Potatoes in all forms contribute less than 3% of all calories in adult diets.
- Idaho is top on the top ten lists of potato producing states; they produce over 14.3 billion pounds. Washington is second a9 9 billion pounds of potatoes.
- Most exported potatoes or 62% of exports are made into frozen fries.
- Potato is the fourth largest food crop in terms of fresh produce after rice, wheat, and corn.