National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day
Facts of Pizza without Anchovies
- Pizza is thin crust, hand tossed, thick crust or deep dish, top it with ALL of your favorite toppings (excluding anchovies)
- There’s a National Anchovy Pizza Day too
- Pizza is a direct descendant of the flatbread healthy meals people made before the advent of the oven
- Although having fish on a pizza isn’t the worst thing in the world, the saltiness of the anchovies can mask all of the other delicious flavors.
- The first United States pizza establishment opened in 1905was in New York’s Little Italy.