National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
Facts on Peanut Butter and Jelly
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Peanut butter is consumed in 90 percent of USA households.
- Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.