National Peanut Butter Day
Facts on Peanut Butter
- Peanut butter is a food paste made primarily from ground dry roasted nut. Peanuts are actually a legume and not a nut.
- The United States is a leading exporter of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter provides protein, vitamins B3, and E, magnesium, foliate, dietary fiber, and high levels of the antioxidant p-coumaric acid.
- Americans consume on average over 1.5 billion pounds of peanut butter and peanut products each year.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.