National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
Food Facts on Peanut Butter Cookies
- A peanut butter cookie is a type of cookie that is distinguished for having peanut butter as a principal ingredient.
- The cookie originated in the United States, with the first recipe dating back to the 1930s. The recipe included a crisscrossed fork marking on the top of the cookie.
- Current estimates say 90 percent of American households have a jar of peanut butter on their pantry shelves.
- Peanuts are also known as earthnuts, groundnuts, or. Goobers.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.