National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
Facts on Peanut Butter
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- By law, any product labeled “peanut butter” in the United States must contain at least 90 percent peanuts.
- The world’s largest peanut butter factory churns out 250,000 jars of the tasty treat every day.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.