National Oatmeal Cookie Day
Food Facts on Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are lightly spiced cookies that contain oatmeal and sometimes raisins.
- Oatmeal cookies can be crunchy or chewy especially when warm.
- Oatmeal cookies are slightly sweetened from the flavor of the foods added, fruits, nuts, and raisins.
- The first record of the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe was found in the Boston Cooking-School Cook Book1896.
- Oatmeal Raisin cookies contain fiber and protein, and slightly more vitamin C and calcium, the plain oatmeal cookies.