National Noodle Day
Food Facts on Noodles
- A type of staple food made from some type of unleavened dough, which is rolled flat and cut into one of a variety of shapes.
- While long, thin strips may be the most common, many varieties of noodles are cut into waves, helices, tubes, strings, or shells, folded over, or cut into other shapes.
- Noodles are usually cooked in boiling water, sometimes with cooking oil or salt.
- Noodles are often served with an accompanying sauce or in a soup.
- In American English usage, the word “noodle” is an inclusive term that denotes flour paste products in various shapes.