National Lobster Newburg Day
Food Facts on Lobster Newburg
- Lobster Newburg was named after shipping magnate Ben Weinberg, the name was then charged to Newburg.
- Lobster Newberg was put on the map at New York City’s Delmonico’s Restaurant in the early 1900’s.
- Lobster Newburg is a creamy sauce made of, egg yolks, butter, and sherry wine an al Newburg.
- Other proteins have been used with this sauce such as: shrimp, crab, scallops, and sometimes frog legs were also offered à la Newburg.
- Lobster Newburg calorie content per serving is approximately: 480 calories, 40g fat, 25g protein, and 4g carbs. 0g fiber, 900mg sodium.