National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day
Facts on Pastrami
- Pastrami is popular delicatessen meat usually made from beef.
- The raw meat is brined partially dried, seasoned with various herbs and spices, then and steamed.
- The traditional meat for making pastrami is beef plate; it is now common to see it made from beef brisket and round, and turkey.
- Like corned beef, pastrami was originally created as a way to preserve meat before modern refrigeration.
- Pastrami is usually served as a hot overstuffed sandwich using rye bread.