National Homemade Soup Day
Facts on Homemade Soup
- A pottage is a class of thick soups, stews, or porridges, in some of which meat and vegetables are boiled together with water until they form into a thick mush.
- Bisques are heavy cream soups traditionally prepared with shellfish, but can be made with any type of seafood.
- Cream soups are a dairy based soup. Cream soups are often used to make a quick sauce or in a casserole.
- Some soups are served only cold, and other soups can optionally be served cold.
- There are thousands of different varieties of soups.