National Harvey Wallbanger Day
Facts on Wallbangers
- A Harvey Wallbanger is a mixed drink made with vodka, Galliano, and orange juice.
- The Harvey Wallbanger was invented in 1952 by three-time world champion mixologist Donato ‘Duke’ Antone (Paolantonio).
- The Harvey Wallbanger was brought to international prominence by then Galliano salesman, George Bednar.
- Legend has it that the drink was named after a Manhattan Beach surfer who was a regular patron of Duke’s ‘Blackwatch’ Bar on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood during the early 1950s.
- A typical Harvey Wallbanger has about 176 calories.