National Grill Cheese Day
Facts on Cheese Sandwiches
- A cheese sandwich is a basic sandwich made generally with one or more varieties of cheese on any sort of bread.
- A grilled cheese is heated by placing the buttered slices of bread, with the cheese between the slices, on a frying pan or griddle.
- Many different ingredients can be put along with the cheese sandwich to warm and smother in the melted cheese. Tomatoes, bacon, and Peppadew peppers to name a few.
- Several different methods of heating the sandwich are used; griddles, grills skillets, Panini presses, sandwich toasters or an iron if you are in a pinch.
- Butter or oil helps get that crispy melted cheese to perfection.