National Gourmet Coffee Day
Facts on Coffee
- Coffee is one of the most popular drinks in the world. A brewed beverage can be served hot or cold.
- Coffee can have a stimulating effect on humans because of its caffeine content.
- Erna Knutsen first used gourmet or Specialty coffee in 1974 in an issue of Tea & Coffee Trade Journal.
- According to the Coffee Association of America (SCAA), coffee that scores 80 points or above on a 100-point scale is graded gourmet.
- Gourmet coffee market share has increased from 1% to 20% in the last 25 years and continues to grow in the US.