National Gingersnap Day
Food Facts on Gingersnap
- Ginger is a root tuber that is used and eaten in several different forms–grated, crystallized, or powder–to give foods especially cookies a definite kick and distinct flavor.
- A ginger biscuit, ginger nut or ginger snap is a globally popular biscuit based snack food, flavored with ginger.
- Gingersnaps are a delicious, spiced cookie.
- Gingersnaps can be soft and chewy, or brittle, almost like a cracker.
- Gingersnaps cookies are famous for its cinnamon color, crackled top, texture and spicy bite.