National German Chocolate Cake Day
Food Facts on German Chocolate Cake
- German Chocolate Cake is a layered cake filled and topped with a coconut – pecan frosting.
- The name German Chocolate Cake is named after a chocolate maker named Sam German, who developed dark baking chocolate used in the cake recipe.
- The filling and topping is a caramel, coconut, and pecan topping.
- The sides are covered in a chocolate frosting to hold in the filling.
- One slice of German chocolate cake contains about 640 calories and 38 grams of fat.
- Despite its name German chocolate cake originated in America.