National Fluffernutter Day
Facts on Fluffernutter
- A sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmellow creme usually served on white bread.
- Variations of the sandwich include the substitution of wheat bread and the addition of various sweet, salty, and savory.
- The term fluffernutter can also be used to describe other food items, primarily desserts that incorporate peanut butter and marshmallow crème.
- The sandwich was first created in the early twentieth century after marshmallow creme, a sweet marshmellow like spread, was invented in the U.S. state of Massachusetts.
- The name Fluffernutter was created by an advertising agency in 1960 as a more effective way to market the sandwich.