National Fettuccine Alfredo Day
Facts on Fettuccine Alfredo
- Fettuccine Alfredo is a delicious pasta dish made with fettuccine (a flat ribbon-cut noodle) tossed with butter, cream, and melted Parmesan cheese.
- Fettuccine pasta shapes are best suited to thick cream sauces, while short or hollow shapes work best with chunky tomato-based sauces.
- Fettuccine is one of the top ten misspelled words.
- Fettuccine Alfredo, didn’t take off in Italy as it did in the United States.
- In 1914, Alfredo di Lelio created this dish to help his wives upset stomach due to pregnancy.