National English Toffee Day
Facts on English Toffee
- Toffee is a confection made by caramelizing sugar or molasses along with butter, and occasionally flour.
- Toffee and Caramel are sometimes interchangeable.
- It is available in both chewy and hard versions. Heath bars are a type of candy made with an English toffee inside.
- A particular application of toffee is in toffee apples, sometimes called candy apples, which are apples coated with hard toffee mounted on sticks.
- Toffee apples are similar to taffy apples and caramel apples, as both are covered in caramel.