National Eggs Benedict Day
Facts on Eggs Benedict
- Eggs Benedict is an American breakfast dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin, topped with ham or bacon, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce.
- Eggs Benedict is considered the best American breakfast with the least American Name.
- Eggs Benedict is a breakfast high calories, fat, and protein. An average breakfast totals about 600 calories.
- There are conflicting accounts as to the origin of eggs Benedict.
- Claim one, credits Lemuel Benedict, a retired Wall Street stockbroker, who wandered into the Waldorf Hotel in 1894 looking to find a cure for the hangover. He ordered “buttered toast, poached eggs, crisp bacon, and a hooker of Hollandaise”
- Claim two, credits Delmonico’s Restaurant in the 1860’s, when a regular patron of the restaurant, Mrs. LeGrand Benedict, found nothing to her liking and wanting something new to eat for lunch, the Chef came up with Eggs Benedict.