National Double Cheeseburger Day
Food Facts on Cheeseburgers
- Cheese is added to the cooking hamburger patty shortly before the patty is completely cooked which allows the cheese to melt.
- Americans eat nearly 50 billion burgers a year, about three per week.
- The most expensive burger in America is at New York City food trucks 666 Burger. They serve, a $666 burger wrapped in gold leaf and topped with lobster, caviar, truffles, foie gras, and aged Gruyere cheese melted with steam from champagne poured on the hot griddle. The burger comes wrapped in three greasy $100 bills.
- The world’s largest cheeseburger is 2,014 pounds, according to Guinness in 2012.
- In 1924, a line cook in California slapped a piece of cheese on his burger. It is said that is how the Cheeseburger was created.