National Cream Puff Day
Facts on Cream Puffs
- Cream puffs are known as light as a cloud pastry.
- Cream puff fillings may either be ice cream, whipped cream or pastry cream.
- Cream puffs are delicious plain but the toppings are endless.
- To make a cream puff, flour is added to a boiled mixture of butter and water, cooked at a high temperature until the mixture becomes a smooth ball of dough with a hollow center.
- Cream puffs are taken out of the oven, they must be cut in half or the pastry will deflate upon cooling.