National Corn Chip Day
Facts on Corn Chips
- A corn chip is a snack food made from cornmeal fried in oil or baked,
- In 1932, C.E. Doolin invented corn chips and sold them from his Model T Ford in Texas.
- Corn chips are mostly eaten alone or with a chip dip.
- In the US, Fritos is one of the oldest and most widely recognized brands of corn chips.
- A serving size of Fritos corn chips is one ounce or round 32 regular size chips. There are 160 calories per serving; over half of the calories come from fat.