National Coffee Cake Day
Facts on Coffee Cake
- The Danish came up with the earliest versions of coffee cake, in 17th century in Europe.
- It became a custom to enjoy a delicious sweet and yeasty type of bread when drinking coffee beverages.
- There are many available combinations, everything from blueberry coffee cakes to cinnamon walnut coffee cake.
- The hole in the center of coffee cakes is a relatively recent innovation—it became popular in the 1950’s.
- This “Bundt pan” was invented to allowed heavier batters to be cooked all the way through without any dough left unbaked in the center.