National Cinnamon Crescent Day
Facts on Cinnamon Crescent
- A croissant is a buttery flaky bread roll named for its crescent shape
- Croissant dough is layered with butter, then rolled and folded several times in succession, then rolled into a sheet, in a technique called laminating.
- Cinnamon is used to preserve meat, flavor their beverages, and cure certain ailments.
- Today, cinnamon is still one of the most popular spices and is a key ingredient in many baked goods.
- People in Ancient Rome valued cinnamon more than silver and gold, and spices remained a highly prized luxury good through the Middle Ages.