National Chocolate Mousse Day
Facts on Chocolate Mousse
- The word mousse in French means foam.
- Mousse is a dessert made from egg whites and cream.
- Chocolate mousse was a specialty in French restaurants during the 1800s, and remains very popular.
- Mousse and pudding differ as pudding is usually thickened with cornstarch and a mousse is traditionally thickened with egg yolks.
- The first written record of chocolate mousse in the United States comes from a Food Exposition held at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1892.