National Chips and Dip Day
Food Facts on Chips and Dip
- Chips and Dip are America’s favorite snack duet.
- Chip and Dip recipes did not show up in the United States until after World War II.
- Salsas and dips made with sour cream became popular in the United States in the 1940s.
- Some of the earliest dips were hummus and olive oil, originating in the Mediterranean region and are very popular today.
- Chips and dip pairing that rank among the top favorites are Tortilla Chips and Salsa, Tortilla Chips and Guacamole, Pita chips and hummus, and Potato Chips and French onion dip.