National Chiffon Cake Day
Facts on Chiffon Cake
- Chiffon Cake Day is was famously debuted and promoted as the “first new cake in 100 years” on its grand release to the public in 1948.
- Over 400 recipes were tested looking for the moister more substantial version of the popular angel food cake.
- Chiffon cake uses vegetable oil instead of solid shortening or butter, egg whites for lift,
- Chiffon Cake is tantalizingly light, like angel food, but with a far richer flavor.
- The Brown Derby restaurant was the first to put it on the menu and was the only dessert offered.