National Cheese Lover’s Day
Facts on Cheese
- Cheese is nutritious food made mostly from the milk of cows but also other mammals, including sheep, goats, buffalo, reindeer, camels and yaks.
- Cheese was born over 4000 years ago when people have started to breed animals and process their milk.
- There are over thousands of specialty cheeses made from 60 countries in the world.
- A specialist seller of cheese is sometimes known as a cheese monger.
- In the United States 31 pounds of cheese is eaten per person. Greece weighs in with 68 pounds per capita.