National Candy Day
Facts on Candy
- Cotton candy, notoriously bad for the teeth, was co-invented by a dentist.
- Dentists have said that it’s ok for parents to let their kids eat up as much candy as they want at one time.
- The creator of Hershey’s chocolate was originally supposed to travel on the Titanic!
- Candy is characterized by the use of a significant amount of sugar, or, in the case of sugar-free candies, by the presence of sugar substitutes.
- About 4% of all candy consumed in America each year occurs on Halloween, according to a new report by market research group NPD.