National Butterscotch Pudding Day
Food Facts on Butterscotch Pudding
- Butterscotch is a type of confectionery whose primary ingredients are brown sugar and butter.
- Butterscotch is similar to toffee but for butterscotch the sugar is boiled to a softer consistency.
- Butterscotch sauce is often made into syrup, which is used as a topping for ice cream and ice cream sundaes.
- Cornstarch can help thicken butterscotch leading to a sweet, creamy pudding that’s simply heavenly on your lips.
- Butterscotch pudding is usually served chilled or at room temperature and often garnished with crème fraîche and shaved chocolate.