National “Have a Brownie Day”
Facts on Brownies
- Brownies are actually a cross between a cookie and a cake in texture and are either cakey or fudgy.
- The main ingredients of a brownie are flour, butter, eggs, chocolate, cocoa or cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Brownies may include nuts, frosting, chocolate chips, or other ingredients inside or on the top.
- Brownies are eaten by hand and often with milk or coffee. They can be served warm or with ice cream on top.
- The earliest published recipes for a brownie like those of today appeared in the Service Club Cook Book (1904, Chicago, IL),