Food Reference Source
National Bread Day
Facts on Bread
- Bread is a staple food prepared by baking dough of flour and water.
- Bread may be served in different forms at any meal of the day, eaten as a snack, and used as an ingredient in other culinary preparations.
- Bread is a fixture in some religious rituals. It is one of the oldest foods around.
- Very often bread may contain a variety of additives like fruit and nuts, to chemical additives designed to improve flavor, texture, and or shelf life.
- There are vitally infinite combinations of different flours, ingredients, shapes, sizes and textures of breads in the world.