National Bloody Mary Day
Food Facts on Bloody Mary’s
- The Bloody Mary is the US’s most popular alcoholic drink for brunch.
- Many people believe drinking one will help with a hangover–however, the alcohol only numbs the discomfort (only rest, water, and electrolyte replacement can cure a hangover.
- Many like to lay claim to creating this drink, however, though the exact origin is up for debate, it started showing up in bars in the 1920s.
- There are many variations of the Bloody Mary cocktail, but the most basic will have tomato juice, vodka, and spices.
- A common garnish is a celery stalk when served in a tall glass, often over ice.