National Black Forest Cake Day
Facts on Black Forest Cake
- The inspiration for the black forest cake is the “black forest’ know for its beautiful cherry trees.
- A confectioner named Josef Keller in1915 created Black Forest Cake.
- The recipe of black forest cake appeared in print in the 1930’s.
- Black forest cake contains several layers of chocolate cake, with oodles of whipped cream and cherries in each layer
- Sometimes it is decorated on the outside with additional whipped cream, chocolate shavings and cherries.