National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
Facts on Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds
- In 1742, William Parks printed a copy of Eliza Smith’s cookbook, The Compleat Housewife. “Chocolate almonds” was the only chocolate recipe it contained.
- Recent studies that have revealed certain health benefits from eating small quantities of bittersweet chocolate and it is also known of the health benefits of almonds.
- Chocolate manufacturers use 40% of the worlds almonds.
- Eat or bake with at least a 70% dark chocolate to obtain the ‘heartiest’ health benefits.
- Bittersweet chocolate is chocolate liquor to which sugar, cocoa butter and vanilla have been added. It does have less sugar and more liquor than semisweet chocolate however, the two of them may be interchangeable when baking.