National Barbecue Day
Food Facts on Barbecue
- Barbecue is a method and apparatus for char grilling food in the hot smoke of a wood fire, charcoal, or gas fueled.
- The term barbecue is sometimes used when cooking a much slower utilizing less heat than grilling. Grilling usually refers to a faster cooking method.
- Barbecue is usually done in an outdoor environment by cooking and smoking over wood or charcoal. It can be done indoors with the proper equipment and vent system.
- The first BBQ’s date back to the 1800’s, charcoal briquette and the gas came in the 1900’s.
- What’s cooked on a BBQ has changed a lot over time. Now meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, fruits, pizzas and pretty much anything else can be made on the modern BBQ.