Food Reference Source
National Bagel & Lox Day …..Sound the horns!
Facts on Bagels and Lox
- For a traditional Bagels and Lox celebration you will need to get a few things to do it right. All the ingredients can be found at your local Bagel Store or local Fishmonger (minus the bagels).
- Get an assortment of the best bagels in town, in my town they are at Bagel Boss Roslyn.
- Get a least one pound of smoked salmon for a party of six. Smoked salmon lovers get more…it’s is really not good to run out.
- For a traditional Bagel and Lox sandwich you will tomato, red onion, cream cheese, smoked salmon, and capers (optional).
- Some people prefer flavored cream cheese, others like to add scrambled eggs, so however you like yours, just make sure you have enough on hand so a riot doesn’t break out. Enjoy!