National Artichoke Day
Food Facts on Artichokes
- The artichoke is technically a flower bud that has not yet bloomed.
- Artichokes may be eaten cold or hot, but I think they are much better hot. They are served with a dip, either melted butter or mayonnaise.
- California produces 100% of the United States artichoke crop, calling itself the “Artichoke Center of the World.”
- One artichoke plant can produce more than 20 artichokes per year.
- Artichoke is the primary flavor of the popular Italian liqueur Cynar.