National Anisette Day
Food Finds on Anisette
- Anisette is a sweet anise-flavored liqueur that’s popular all over the Mediterranean.
- The drinks colorless a sweet and aromatic taste, and is somewhat reminiscent of black licorice.
- Anisette contains 16 different herbs, which are mixed with syrup and a neutral alcohol.
- Anisette is most often served with just a bit of water. When cold water is added it produces a milky white consistency.
- Another popular ways to enjoy anisette, is in a cookie. You can find anisette cookies in most Italian bakeries