National Animal Cracker Day
Facts on Animal Crackers
- Animal crackers created for the animal cracker zoo come in seventeen different animals.
- Each box of animal crackers has twenty two crackers, but does not always have each of the seventeen different animals.
- The string around the animal cracker box was not created as a handle to carry the box, it was to hang the box on a Christmas tree as a decoration.
- There are over 40 million boxes sold each year and exported to seventeen different countries.
- Last, the seventeen different types of animals that can be found in a box of animal crackers; tigers, cougars, camels, rhinoceros, kangaroos, hippopotami, bison, lions, hyenas, zebras, elephants, sheep, bears, gorillas, monkeys, seals, and giraffes.