National Almond Day
Facts on Almonds
- Almonds are available throughout the year to make a healthy and tasty addition to both sweet and savory dishes.
- Almond trees are cultivated in all the countries bordering on the Mediterranean.
- Almond trees range from 20 to 30 feet high and have spreading branches with leaves.
- Packaged almonds are available year round; the height of their season is the summer, when you find the freshest almonds.
- Almonds are a very good source of vitamin E, manganese, biotin, and copper. Almonds are a good source of magnesium, molybdenum, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and phosphorus.